Saturday, November 26, 2016

Portfolio Index

Portfolio Index:

Something that has been brought to my attention several times is that people are getting confused by some of the relations between my reoccurring characters and some of their backstories. I don't want you all to be confused any more so I will give a small explanation!

Gregor and Sarah Strike are two intergalactic bounty hunters. They are siblings that left Earth many many years ago. One of their biggest adventures was on the planet of Mauku where they found a clan of shape-shifting cat people. To read more about that you can read my old storybook from when I took Mythology and Folklore here: Planet of the Cats

Penny-Nichole is an Earth girl who was picked up by the Strikes when she was very young. She lived with her older brothers who were all very abusive and mean. Both of her parents had died and were no longer able to protect her from her brothers. Penny-Nichole had always collected stories of the Strike siblings here and there, whether it was from newspapers or books or stories from some of the space travelers and other bounty hunter that traversed through the shop she worked with her brothers. From all of the stories and tales she heard, Penny-Nichole grew to admire them and looked up to them. When the Strikes went to visit Earth and collect some of their bounties they found her beaten half to death by her brothers, they decided to take her with them. You can read their first story here: Cast Out

I hope this makes a little more sense for everyone and if you have any more questions please ask!


Protect the Mother Spaceship! - The Hunters are locked in an epic battle with space demon Kellan. Will they save their mother-ship? Read to find out!
We Shall Pass - Sarah has been kidnapped by Kellan's oldest brother! Penny-Nichole and Gregor must build a bridge to get to the magical land where she is being kept to save her.
Off With His Heads - The time has come for the great monkey and bear army to assist Penny-Nichole and Gregor to save Sarah and destroy Rava! Who will win? Will they actually save Sarah or will our heroes die gruesome and tragic deaths?
Cast Out - A flashback into how Penny-Nichole became a part of the Strike's team and a small window into her sad childhood.
An Unwelcome Reunion - Penny-Nichole had made it back to where she never wanted to be again. Earth. Will she take revenge on her horrid brothers or will she find it in her heart to forgive them? Find out in this final story!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sage! I really liked being brought back into your old universe! I remember reading your stories last semester in Myth and Folklore, so I was excited to see where Penny would end up this semester. I think that you did a great job working together with the stories from this semester. You really picked some good details like the kidnapping to reference in your stories. You have such a creative twist with your characters and I’m really impressed that you were able to use them so easily. I used my old characters from last semester as well so I can appreciate how hard it is sometimes to think how they will fit with the stories we are given for the week. I also really liked your images for the stories you’ve included so far. They definitely add good imagery and set the scene for all of your readers. I can’t wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, okay! I read your story today for my other comment assignment, and I haven't been grouped with you before so all of the reading was new to me! I'm glad I decided to use your portfolio as well, because this was super helpful. Good idea to post about the characters! I'll say though, even though I didn't truly understand the context, I don't believe that your stories were hindered by that. Sure, it's a lot nicer now that I know what's going on exactly, but your writing is still clear and entertaining enough to follow. BUT nooooow things are making more sense. I love this character, Penny-Nichole. I've never heard a name like that before, it's very unique! Also, I noticed that you took Myth and Folklore last semester and this is a character brought back from that class? How cool! I really enjoy the way you write and the ways you go about it. I'm excited to continue reading your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your stories! I chose to read the one called "Planet of the Cats" I love that they were shape-shifter cats. I always wonder what cats are sitting around thinking about and after reading your story I feel they are coming up with evil plans for all of us!

    I thought it was really incredible that you chose to continue the adventures of this character from the last class you took in the past semester!

    Your writing is very easy and enjoyable to read. I found myself getting lost in the story which is the sign of a great writer. Kudos to you for that! I cannot wait to read more of your stories and see what you have in store for Penny-Nichole next! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete