Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Week 14: Reading Notes Part A

Reading Notes

Part A

Bibliography: Eastern Stories and Legends by Marie Shedlock 1920

The Hare That Ran Away - I thought this story was cute. I don't really need to find stories that I would turn into stories anymore, but I found this story to just be pleasant. I thought it was cute how patient the lion was with the little hare. It made me think of mob mentality where no one stops to see for themselves if the rumors are true, they just go along with the crowd.

A Spirit That Lived in a Tree - I was so worried the entire time that the king was actually going to cut down the tree! I am very glad that, since the main tree was willing to be cut down, and in such a painful way, he allowed the tree to be spared.

The Man Who Worked to Give Alms - I liked that the man was so willing to give alms that he began to work himself to collect something to give. He was even willing to give away his own valuables!

File:Sal tree Np.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment