Monday, December 5, 2016

Week 14: Famous Last Words

I feel like this is a perfect thing to do at the end of the semester since they basically are some of my last words! Not only will I be finishing this class, which has been one of my favorites, I will be finishing my time at OU completely! I graduate in only two weeks time and I still cannot believe it. I have learned so much from my time in college. I went through some of the most painful struggle of my life thus far but I also formed some of the closest relationships I think I will ever form from those struggles. I learned what I am truly passionate about in life, I learned a little bit more about who I am as a individual, and I learned how to grow up and be an adult. I learned many skills that will aid me in my goals and I learned that if I want something bad enough, there is only me standing in the way of achieving that goal.

A little over a year ago I started working at a restaurant for the first time in my life and I was so terrified when I started. I wasn't too great at dealing with people and I was scared of everyone I worked with. I think working there has been one of the largest factors when it comes to how much I have grown. I learned not only how to deal with unruly and obnoxious customers, but I learned how to be a better person and how to deal with conflicts between coworkers and friends. I am so grateful to work there and, just so you all don't worry about me, I am no longer terrified of anyone I work with! In fact, there is not a single person in the entire staff that I have any actual dislike towards. I am pretty great friends with most everyone actually! Even the kitchen staff!

So these are my short final words to wrap up what I could write about for hours. Thanks for reading my stories and providing me with the feedback to make me a better writer! I'll leave you guys with a few more fun pictures of my life.
Here is a picture of me (left) with two of my coworkers! The one in the middle is also my roomie!
Personal photo, Abner Ale House December 2016
A couple crazy aerial photos: Left - Tulsa AHHA Art Gallery Create Gala Performance (May 2016)
Right - Tulsa Lyra and Straps workshop with Anya Shevelyuk (May 2016)

As requested, pictures of my two fur babies: Left is the oldest, Marie. Right is my cat/bowling ball, Koko. Both taken in 2011. Alas, I cannot find a picture of my bearded dragon!

Hope you guys enjoyed!


No comments:

Post a Comment